Thursday, February 6, 2014

Couponing tip: sign up with SavingStar & get money back!


If you're not familiar with SavingStar, it may be worth it for you to check it out and sign up.  With SavingStar, you register your store loyalty cards (I have my King Soopers card registered.  Albertsons is also listed, but since they don't have a loyalty card program, I'm honestly not sure how you would go about redeeming SavingStar offers there.  Safeway is not currently a participating store, unfortunately). 
 
Once you're registered, you can select any available e-coupon offers to be loaded onto all of your cards (they change every week or so, and I usually select all of them so I don't have to worry about missing an offer).  If you purchase anything you've registered for during the designated time period (make sure you use your loyalty card!), money will be deposited into your SavingStar account.  Once you reach $5 in your account, you can cash out via PayPal, bank deposit, or gift cards.  Keep in mind that these e-coupons will not lower your out-of-pocket grocery bill -- the amounts accumulate in your account and you will get the money back after your reach the $5 minimum and cash out.

To be honest, you probably won't make a ton of money from doing this.  Then again, everyone's buying habits are different and maybe you buy more of the products they feature than I do.  I've been using SavingStar for about 3 years and I only have earned a total of $57 or so.  However, I figure even a little extra "free money" I hadn't counted on is always a good thing!
 
Just as another tip about using SavingStar, I often find the available eCoupons match up with coupons available to print at coupons.com, so keep that in mind also.

 For more information or to sign up, check out the SavingStar website.

No comments:

Post a Comment